I work with expecting parents and children as young as days old and up to 10 years old. The majority of the children I work with are between newborn and 6 years old. For babies under 4 months, I work with parents on easy techniques that allow you to establish healthy sleep habits with the ultimate goal of naturally guiding your baby to full nights of sleep and a nap schedule. For babies and children 4 months and older, I work with parents to choose the best way to improve their child’s current sleep struggles.
What sleep issues can you address?
I help families struggling with a wide variety of sleep challenges. I help families who
- have a child struggling to sleep through the night or resisting sleeping in the crib
- are dealing with bedtime battles and/or early wakings
- are ready to transition from co-sleeping
- are struggling with naps, nap schedules, or are going through a nap transition
- are struggling with the crib to bed transition or have a child who won’t stay in their bed
What sleep training methods do you recommend?
That’s a BIG question. There are a lot of options out there. Each family I work with is unique and their needs and desired outcomes vary. I begin by getting an understanding of the child’s current sleep challenges, the child’s personality, and the parent’s parenting style. Based on that information, and the child’s age, I walk the parents through the methods I think will be most effective, and then I work with the parents as they choose the best method for their family.
Can we sleep train our child by reading one of the sleep training books?
Absolutely. If you have picked out a sleep training method and you feel confident you can implement it, go for it! The key to success is being super consistent. I like to tell parents to plan on it taking 2 weeks and then you’ll just be pleasantly surprised if it comes together faster.
So if we can do it ourselves, where do you come in?
If any of these describe you, I’m your gal:
- You don’t have the energy or desire to read a sleep training book and you just want someone to tell you want to do.
- You know what method you think will work best for your child, but you’re nervous about getting started and you want someone available to answer your questions along the way.
- You’ve received and read so much conflicting advice you don’t even know where to start.
- You’ve tried sleep training and it didn’t go quite as planned.
- You’re beyond exhausted and you need someone to throw you a lifeline.
Have you created your own sleep training method?
I have not trademarked my own sleep training method. I do have my own unique recommendations around the best way to gently guide newborns towards full nights of sleep and nap schedules. When it comes to the traditional 4 month old+ sleep training methods, however, I generally recommend slightly modified versions of sleep training methods you can read about in a book. It’s possible that you will have heard much of the advice I give you, and I may even recommend a sleep training method you’ve read about or possibly even tried. What I do is create a sleep training road map for you - piecing together the advice that will work well for your child and giving you the step-by-step instructions you need. I remove the guessing, and the second-guessing, and allow you to go through the process of teaching your child to sleep with confidence. You'll have my support through the entire process.